How old are you?
Please ask your grown-up to enter their email address and password.
Please enter your email address and password.
Please enter your email address and password to sign in
Select a child’s account to open.
This is so you get access to the right content for your age.
Hey there grown-up!
Only parents or legal guardians can create accounts for children under 13. We’ll need you to add your email address and create a password to get your child registered.
We ask for a valid e-mail address of an adult to ensure that this account has appropriate parental approval
We ask for a valid e-mail address to ensure that this account is genuine and to also send appropriate notifications to you
For the Meringue
For the Cream Filling
For the Fruit Topping
1. Preheat your oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2 and line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Using an 8” round cake tin as a guide, draw a circle on the parchment, then flip it over.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, whisk the egg whites on a medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
4. Spoon in the caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time until it is all incorporated and the meringue looks thick and glossy.
5. Whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla extract.
6. Using a palette knife, spread the meringue to fill the circle. You can add a crater to the centre to make filling it easier, if you’d like.
7. Bake the meringue for one hour, before turning off the oven, leaving the meringue inside to cool completely.
8. Once the meringue is completely cool, carefully peel off the greaseproof paper (don’t worry if the meringue cracks) and place the meringue on a serving dish.
9. Whip the cream with the 2tbsps of icing sugar until soft peaks form, before loosely stirring through the lemon curd to marble them together.
10. Spread the cream over the meringue almost to the edges.
11. Carefully, pile the raspberries on top of the pavlova, before drizzling with the remaining lemon curd and scattering over the chopped pistachios.
It’s Pavlova Day, which gives us the perfect excuse to whip up another one of these deliciously creamy and light desserts!
We’ve actually made a few Pavlovas in the Kids Club now, so we almost consider ourselves experts… ;) For example, we know that the perfect Pavlova should start with a baked meringue, crisp on the outside, while soft and light inside.
Today, we’re topping ours with a zingy lemon curd-infused whipped cream and plenty of fresh raspberries and pistachios. We absolutely love it and we think you will too!